Snowshoe Tour: Lobhornhütte
This is a varied, medium-difficulty snowshoe tour high above the Lauterbrunnen valley, with the peaks of the Jungfrau massif behind you and the distinctive Lobhörner in front.
You'll begin by following the Sulwald Trail in the direction of Mederalp before crossing over to the Lobhorn Trail and climbing steadily uphill. The marked path winds its way through snow-covered mountain forests and open plains until you reach the Lobhornhütte. When you arrive at the hut you have the opportunity to savour incredible views and recharge with a hearty meal and drinks before beginning your descent.
|Single Seat||CHF 119 per person|
|Private Tour||CHF 799 (maximum 8 seats)|
|Ski Jacket Rental||CHF 20|
|Ski Pants Rental||CHF 20|
|Gloves Rental||CHF 10|
- Pick up / drop off from designated locations
- Snowshoes and poles
- Hiking boots
- A snack and a drink
- Gondola ticket
- Professional guide
- Warm winter clothing, including gloves, ski pants, jacket, and beanie
- Extra drinks and snacks
- Money for food and drinks from the hut
- Good fitness is required
- Minimum age 12 (under 16 only with adult supervision)
- Good health is required to participate. Please read our Terms and Conditions
December - March, Friday - Sunday, depending on snow conditions
Please check the calendar for the current departure times
- Winter clothing is available to rent before the trip
- Snowshoes make walking in deep snow easy
- The tour takes place high above the Lauterbrunnen Valley and leads through quiet, untouched nature
- The SAC Lobhornhütte is one of the most popular huts in the Jungfrau Region
- This is a great activity for non-skiers who still want a winter experience
Our tours can be affected by weather conditions, however it is difficult to predict exactly how a trip will be impacted until the day of the activity.
Please make sure we have good contact information for you so we can reach out if your trip is changed or cancelled due to poor conditions. If you have not heard from us, it means we are still planning to run your trip as scheduled, or we have not yet made a final decision based on the forecast.
If we are not able to run your trip, we will try to accommodate you on another date, another activity, or we will issue you a full refund.
Cancellation requests must be made at least 48 hours before trip time to be eligible for a refund. For more details regarding our cancellation policy, please see our full Terms and Conditions
- Be ready for pick up 15 minutes before your trip time or
- Meet your guide at the base in Interlaken 5 minutes before trip time
- Prepare equipment and issue rental clothing
- Transport to Isenfluh
- Gondola ride to Sulwald
- Briefing and instruction
- 1.5 - 2 hours snowshoe hike to the Lobhorn hut
- Approx. 1 hour break and time for refreshments
- 1 hour descent back to Sulwald to the gondola station
- Return to Interlaken